Home, Large Studio/Workshop, Barn, Acreage and More
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- 9.87 acres of meadow and woods with secluded spring-fed pond in the beautiful Western Piedmont of NC
- Only 40 minutes from Charlotte, 1-1/2 hours from Asheville and 1-1/2 hours from Penland School of Craft
- 860′ road frontage
- Separate driveways to studio/workshop and to house
- Very desirable school district
- Low taxes
- Located in an area with a historic tradition of pottery and strong community support for potters.
- 25′ x 30′ cultivated, organic garden space with lots of room to expand or add more growing spaces
- Deep, drilled well on large aquifer
- Tractor and other lawn and garden equipment may also be purchased.
- Some studio equipment may be available for purchase.
- Huge fenced back yard and pasture land is partially fenced for livestock
- 1943 sq ft home. The original 860 sq ft home was built in 1940 and remodeled in the 1990′s. A new addition of 1082 sq ft was completed in 1999.
- Per an appraisal, the effective age of the home is 10 years.
- BRAND NEW doors and replacement windows in the older part of the home!
- A large, 465 sq ft wrap-around front porch and 12′ x 24′ deck on the back provide ample outdoor living space.
- Kitchen Aid stainless steel refrigerator
- Nearly new Kitchen Aid stainless steel range with large convection oven
- Master bedroom suite with extra-large walk in closet, bath with shower and garden whirlpool tub
- 2 other bedrooms, breakfast area, dining room and large bathroom with laundry service area in the bathroom
- Living room with cathedral ceiling
- The loft over the bedroom is currently used as office space but could easily be converted to a bedroom.
- Gas water heater
- Central AC and high efficiency gas forced air furnace new in 1999
- Architectural shingle roof was installed in 2009
- Vinyl siding
STUDIO / WORKSHOP
- 30′ x 45′, 1350 sq ft high quality Morton metal building built in 2008
- Completely finished inside with sheet rock walls and epoxy coated concrete floor
- Heavily insulated walls, floor and attic make it very easy to heat and cool
- In the wall electric AC and Heat unit
- Wired for 3 electric kilns with through the wall exhaust vents
- Extra large exhaust fan in kiln room wall
- Outdoor wiring and parking space for 30 amp RV hookup
- Kiln room walls are not load-bearing and can easily be removed if desired
- Ample room for production , classes and workshops
- 9 large windows and doors with windows provide abundant natural light.
- Outdoor sink and cleanup keeps the mess out of the studio.
- Lots of parking space
- 12′ x 20′ stick-built on site building with 7′ x 20′ shed was built to code and inspected in 2001
- Adjacent to garden for convenience
- 35′ x 30′ barn with 3 large horse stalls
- Work area with concrete floor
- Fireplace in work area was originally used as a forge for cabinet hardware
- Farm type outbuilding can hold 2 small vehicles
- Work room in back